About the Job
We’re looking for a talented Head of Marketing Analytics to join our User Acquisition team.
You’ll lead a team of at least 3 Engineers and one Data Scientist to build a world-class marketing data platform that underpins our growth strategy. We have rich data spread out across multiple ad networks, our internal revenue tracking, and our app analytics, and you’ll help build the tooling that allows us to synthesize that data into actionable information we use to guide our product development and millions of dollars in monthly ad spend.
Specific challenges include:
- Building robust tracking of our spend, install, and revenue data that allows our marketing team to adjust their spend decisions over time
- Building predictive models that allow us to predict LTV and CAC over multi-year timeframes
- Building tools to allow us to measure the LTV impact from specific product experiments, to help product teams maximize impact for long-term LTV
- Helping us measure the impact of widely targeted brand spend on channels like TV and out-of-home
- Building tools that allow us to surface high-value users to retarget or nurture
- Building models to automate budget allocation on high-volume marketing channels
- Manage a roadmap for our marketing analytics platform from inception through implementation - collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, and drive execution
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and provide data expertise around attribution, LTV modelling, ROI analysis, and help uncover insights in our ads and user behaviour that allow us to efficiently deploy millions of dollars in ad spend per month
- 4+ years experience managing the development of data or analytics platforms
- Proficiency in relational databases and SQL with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- Experience with marketing analytics concepts like LTV modelling, payback analysis, ROI analysis etc.
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audienceThe ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!